Public Works Department

Stephen Brewer

Public Works Director

Phone:  603.895.7035

Denise OGrady

Public Works Assistant

Phone:  603.895.7036

Please reload


Highway Division

The Highway Division is responsible for the repair and maintenance of the Town owned Class 5 roads, sidewalks, roadside vegetation management and associated drainage facilities. This totals 74 center line miles or 148 lane miles. This Division also administers construction and capital improvement projects and assists with traffic signage, pavement markings and parking management programs.  The Town of Raymond,Highway Division takes great pride in its work.

Parks Division

The staff of the Parks Division work under the guidance and direction of the Public Works Director. This division provides all maintenance and improvements to the towns parks, fields and grounds. The surface area of all the green areas combined totals 22 acres; all of which must be limed, fertilized, seeded, aerated, mowed and raked.

These areas consist of the following:

  • Middle School Fields are located at the Iber Holmes Gove Middle School off Epping Street and include soccer and baseball fields; basketball and tennis courts. These fields are fully irrigated from an on site pump, which draws from the Lamprey River.

  • Welch Fields are located off of Route 107. Currently the fields are used for baseball, tee ball and football. These fields are fully irrigated from an on site well.

  • Cammett Fields are located off of Onway Lake Road. These fields consist of soccer and baseball. These fields are fully irrigated from a pump system on site, which draws from the Lamprey River. The irrigation systems for all the fields consists of 12,000 feet (2.3 miles) of irrigation piping, 183 irrigation heads and 3 pumps.

  • Riverside Park is located off of Sundeen Parkway. This 65 acre complex offers walking trails, horseshoe pits, a large multi purpose field and plenty of wild life. Also added were community gardens, overlooks to the river & center of town and a dog park. 

  • The Town Common located in the center of town ( Epping and Main Streets).


 Town Cemeteries

Flowers, lights, shepherd’s hooks, flags and all other adornments shall be placed and kept within 1-foot of the headstone. Where there is no headstone or where the headstone is flush with the ground surface, all adornments shall be placed in line with abutting headstones.

This will allow for efficient maintenance of the cemeteries and will provide for a better appearance overall.

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

For a full list of the Town’s policies regarding the cemeteries please c
lick here for Cemetery Regulations  

This division provides maintenance to the town cemeteries consisting of mowing, raking, trimming, along with tree planting and access road maintenance.The division falls under the direction of the Public Works Director.

Anyone wishing to remove containers or flowers themselves must do so prior to spring or fall cleanup. 

Questions about the cleanup should be addressed to the Public Works Department at  895-7036.

The town cemeteries that receive maintenance by this division are as follows:

  • Old Pine Grove Cemetery

  • New Pine Grove Cemetery

  • Bean Cemetery

  • Lane Road Cemetery

  • Ham Road Cemetery

  • Brown Road Cemetery

  • Lovering Cemetery

  • Prescott Road Cemetery

  • Batchelder Road Cemetery

  • Gile Road Cemetery



Mailbox Installation Specifications


Trash and Recycling - Pay As You Throw

Curbside Collection of Household Trash and Recyclables

 The Town of Raymond Pay As You Throw Program currently consists of a Waste Management trash truck and a Waste Management Recycling truck circulating through assigned neighborhoods four days a week, every week.  As of April 2019, the full program is paid for with dollars collected from the sale of the Town of Raymond yellow trash bags.  In order to participate in the recycling service, you must participate in the trash service by purchasing and with frequency, using the yellow bags.  If you do not wish to or are unable to participate in the trash service, the Town of Raymond Transfer Station located off Prescott Road will also take recyclables.  This facility is not licensed or permitted to receive household trash.


Should you have any issues with the curbside collection service, please contact the Public Works Department at either 603.895.7036 or 

We can reach out directly to the Waste Management staff performing work in Raymond.  Efforts to reach Waste Management independently will not be successful as you will be connected with staff not familiar with this community or operation. For more information, please CLICK HERE.

Comprehensive Solid Waste Strategy Plan

Collection Days, Delays & Holidays


Pickup of household trash and recyclables occurs on Tuesday through Friday.  Trash and recyclables are required to be placed at the curb by 7:00 a.m. of your collection day.  If there is a Holiday during the week, then collection will be delayed one day for the remainder of that week.  Waste Management observes the following Holidays, resulting in a one-day delay in collection:

  • New Year's Day

  • Memorial Day

  • Independence Day

  • Labor Day

  • Thanksgiving Day

  • Christmas Day

Click Here for Pick up Schedule by Days of the week



Waste Management collects all recyclable materials plastics (#1,2 & 5), glass bottles, aluminum, tin and paper and cardboard.  Please note that cardboard which has not been broken down, or is larger than 2' x 2' will not be picked up.  Recycling is single stream, meaning all items can be placed into the same bin for collection.  Bins can be purchased at the Public Works Department for $10.50.  


Check out this poster on Single Stream Recycling. Click Here  And Click Here for a poster showing the most common contaminants to recycling.  Both Posters can be printed and put on your fridge! 

Household Trash

Acceptable Town Trash bags come in 13-gallon or 33-gallon rolls.  The 13-gallon bags are $16.25 for a roll of 5, and the 33-gallon bags are $21.25 for a roll of 5.  Bags can be purchased at the Town Clerk/Tax Collector's Office, Ace/Ben Franklin, Hannaford, or the Epping Market Basket (Large only).  Please note that bags placed at the curb for pickup must not exceed 25 pounds in weight or they will not be picked up.

Transfer Station

The Raymond Transfer Station is located at 104 Prescott Road and operated by Casella Waste Systems.  It is open Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.  Below is a list of items accepted and their associated cost.  Any questions should be asked of the station directly at (603) 895-6273.  While the Transfer Station can take recycling materials, It is not licensed for Household Municipal Waste (Trash/Garbage)

A new 5 year Transfer Station Operating Agreement was signed on January 31, 2020.  With the new contract is a new price list.  The new rates became effective February 1, 2020.   CLICK HERE to view the agreement.

The price list establishes two pricing categories.  One column of pricing for Raymond Residents and a separate column of pricing for Non-Residents.  See attached Price List

Disposing of Brush Materials at the Casella Operated Transfer Station


The current contract for the operation of the Transfer Station does not allow the disposal of soft yard wastes such as stumps, root balls, roots, wood chips, mulch, leaves, grass clippings, pine needles and other similar things. 

Raymond residents are allowed to dispose of brush defined as woody materials including shrubs, branches, limbs and logs up to 4” in diameter with a length of not more than 8 feet.  The brush materials will be removed periodically.  Going forward there will be no long term stockpile of brush.


As discussed with the Board of Selectmen at their meeting in February, the Town will be exploring options to create / identify an area for composting.  The current COVID-19 crisis has placed that effort on the back burner.


The cost is 15 cents per pound


The minimum cost of disposing of the brush is $10.00 which happens to translate to about 67 lbs.   The scale is not sensitive enough to measure each pound exactly at the lower end of the weight scale.  It is design to measure the weight of cars and trucks. 


The disposal of brush is available to Raymond Residents Only.

Household Hazardous Waste Day

CLICK HERE for more information

Household Hazardous Waste Day is an annual event held in either September or October.  It takes place at the end of Industrial Drive, which is off Old Manchester Road, just north of Exit 4 off Route 101.  For information, please contact the Public Works Department at (603) 895-7036.


The Transfer Station Resident Permit Program

A Resident Permit can be obtained at the DPW office, by mail or drop box.  Copies of the Permit Application Form will also be available in hard copy in the rack located in the foyer of the Town Office building. 



Please note…..  you do not need a permit to use the Transfer Station.  You only need the permit to:

1. Receive the reduced pricing on construction debris

2. Dispose of recyclables

3. Dispose of brush (not soft yard wastes)

4. To gain access during Resident Only hours ( 2nd Saturday of each month - Noon to 4pm ).

Residents can use the Transfer station during any of the open hours above.   Raymond Resident Only Access occurs on the 2nd Saturday of each month from Noon to 4 PM

Each Permit will be assigned to a vehicle registered in Raymond.  The Permit must be affixed to that vehicle windshield in order to become valid.

The Permit will cost $36.00 a year and will expire on the 31st of December each year. 
The Permit cost will be reduced by $3.00 for each month that has past.  
Jan $36                 Feb $33                 Mar $30

Apr $27                 May $24               June $21

July $18                Aug $15                Sep $12

Oct $9                   Nov $6                  Dec $3


Permits are not for sale for time periods less than the remaining portion of the year at the time of sale.

Please download the pdf Application Form, complete the Form, include the current Fee and mail it in or drop it off in the drop box mounted on the side wall of the corner of the Old Firehouse ( you do not need prior authorization to use this drop box for Transfer Station Permits ).  The Permit Application will be processed and the Permit mailed to you at the address provided.


Should you have any questions or concerns regarding the Permit program, please call the Public Works Department at 603-895-7036. 


Building Division


This division is responsible for cleaning, repairing, and general upkeep of the town buildings (Safety Complex, Old Fire House, Town Office Building, Highway Garage & Maintenance Garage). This division falls under the direction of the Public Works Director.



Fleet Maintenance Division


This division has a very important function as it maintains all of the town's equipment such as the trucks, police cruisers, tractors, mowers, trailers, fire trucks, & sweeper to name but a few. The town owns approximately 65 pieces of rolling stock. 

This division is also in charge of installing, repairing and replacing signs.The division fall under the direction of the Public Works Director.

Water Division


Public Notice

Copies of the Raymond Water Department’s 2020 Consumer Confidence Report (CCR’s) available at the Raymond Town Office Building, Raymond Public Works Office and on the Town of Raymond’s website:


In addition, copies may be requested by calling the Public Works Office at (603) 895-7049 or emailing:


The 2020 CCR reflects water sampling results conducted in 2019

Click Here to Preview the Report

Click Here to view the water quality table

Lakeview Rd Stormwater Treatment Analysis - May 2018