Abbreviated Library Policies (visit the library for further
Library Behavior Policy:
The Dudley-Tucker Library Trustees believe that library patrons
have the right to use library materials and services without being
disturbed or impeded by abusive and/or disruptive library users;
that library patrons and employees have the right to an environment
that is secure and comfortable; and that library patrons and employees
have a right to materials and facilities that are available and
in good condition.
All programming at the Dudley-Tucker Library, whether adult or
children, is restricted to Raymond residents unless otherwise noted.
All renewable materials not returned within one day of the due
date are considered overdue. Fine is $.05/day for each item. "14
day loan/non-renewable" titles can not be renewed. Fine is $.25/day.
Fine for overdue DVDs and videocassettes is $1.00/day.
Story Time Policy - Full Policy
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
It is the goal of the Dudley-Tucker Library staff to introduce the Story Time participants to the joys of reading, listening, and the world of books. Through this exposure to books, we hope to instill a life long love of reading in each child.
- Participants must be between 3 and 6 years of age. A birth certificate may be required.
- Each program will be limited to 12 participants.
- Registration is required 1 week prior to scheduled programs. In-person registration will be given priority. Phone registrations will be accepted--space permitting.
- If your child is unable to attend, please call to cancel his/her reservation.
- Parent/guardian must remain in the building during the program, BUT NOT IN THE STORY TIME ROOM.
- If anyone other than a parent/guardian is responsible for your child, a written note must be sent with the participant.
- Preschoolers are easily distracted. Please plan to arrive early. THERE WILL BE NO LATE ADMITTANCE TO THE PROGRAM.
- There must be a volunteer available for each program. If there is no volunteer available to assist the Story Time Coordinator, the session will be cancelled.
- Story Time sessions are for the enjoyment and learning experience of all the participants. If the behavior of any child disrupts the session, the parent/guardian will be called to remove the child. Re-admittance to the program will be the decision of the Story Time Coordinator, Children's Librarian, and Library Director.
- No toys shall be brought to Story Time unless specified for a special activity that day.
- There will be no Story Time programs during school vacations or when school is cancelled due to inclement weather.
- PROGRAM SCHEDULE: Tuesday: 10:30 am to 11:15 am
1:15 pm to 2:00 pm
Friday: 10:30 am to 11:15 pm
- Limited to Raymond residents only.